Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Such Big Boys

My boys have been growing up so fast. When we went on vacation we "left" Jaden's pacifier "bebe" at Grandmas house. I have been trying to get rid of Jaden's "bebe" for quite a while now, but he has been so attached to it, I have been unsuccessful in my attempts. Well, I came up with the brilliant plan to forget them at Grandmas after our beach trip. It was perfect. We spent the first week without "bebe" in Leakey. Jaden is so busy and has so much fun in Leakey, that he didn't even miss it. He did have a hard time winding down at night, and stayed up an extra hour or so, but that was the worst of it. And now, Jaden is officially potty-training. We started this past weekend, and he is doing way better than I expected. He is telling me when he needs to go, going on the potty, and has only had a few accidents. We are so proud of him. My baby is truly a big boy now.

All of Jaden's bedtime buddies

Guess who didn't want to take a nap? Big boy Brody. Ok, so Brody is not a big boy yet by any means, but he is definitely a big baby. We had his 6 month well check early last week, and he measured in at 18lbs 11 oz, and 28 inches long. He is in the 90% percentile. He is moving all over the place. I wouldn't quite call it crawling, but he scoots, rolls and can almost pull himself up to standing position on whatever he can grab a hold of. (including his crib) So after witnessing him peeking over the crib and then trying to pull himself up, I have decided to move his crib down to the next setting.

No comments: