Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Favorite Recipe

I don't have a picture of my favorite recipe, but I promise you it is great! I actually got it from one of my blogger friends, (http://www.followfaithfully.com/) and then adapted it to my own specifications. Isn't that the best part of cooking, making it your own. So, here it is, Chicken Biscuits, & Gravy

Ingredients: 3-4 chicken breasts, 1 stick butter, cream of mushroom soup, medium onion, 2 tbsp flour, 1 cup chicken broth, 1 1/2 cup milk, 1 tsp lemon juice, 3 cloves garlic minced, 2 cups Bisquick, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1. Cook chicken and then shred into pieces, strips (I like to make big batches of chicken breasts in a crock pot with chicken broth and then shred it and freeze it for meals like this, and king ranch chicken, etc..)
2. Spread chicken in bottom of baking dish
3. Saute onion in skillet with 1/2 stick butter
4. Add flour,(mix well) then chicken broth, 1/2 the milk & lemon juice
5. Pour mixture over chicken in dish
6. Mix remaining milk with bisquick & cheese
7. Drop ontop of chicken in ball shapes
8. Melt butter with garlic in microwave
9. Brush bisquick with garlic butter

Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes

Yummy! Yummy!
MckLinky Blog Hop

2 comments:

Elaine said...

OH, I'm definately going to try this one. I considered jumping on the blog hop this week and I did go through a bunch of recipes that sounded good yesterday...but I didn't know which to post, so I just didn't. Hope all is well, the boys are soo cute!

Shauna said...

This does sound really good!