Monday, June 8, 2009

Our beautiful Trees

Since I was a little girl, I have loved big beautiful oak trees. Maybe because they were so prevalent were I grew up, or because they allowed me to climb way up high and see the world from a different perspective. My love of oak trees has continued into my adult life. Part of the reason we bought the house we live in was because these beautiful trees are in our backyard, which is not the case with many city homes.

I realize our yard looks a little like a daycare, what can I say, the kids rule our house
But memorial weekend the tree on the other side of our fence was struck by lighting. I think that might have been really cool to see, or totally horrifying, I am not sure which one, but we were not here to witness it. So that tree touched branches with our tree, and put pressure on it's limbs causing one of the branches to crack. :(

So Grandpa to the rescue. He came to help Josh saw down the other tree, to get it off of our tree, so that hopefully our tree will heal. It will be a very sad day at our house if we end up having to cut down the large limb that was damaged. But for now, it looks like it will be fine.

The Crack

The Tangled Mess

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Aww, the trees in my parent's back yard are my favorite! We have some oaks in our yard here..but they are puny in comparison. I'm ready to live in the country..with oak trees!