Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Kathy's Cauliflower

Another tasty recipe to share. This one is from my aunt Kathy, hence the title, although, I think she calls it California Caulifower, because she lived in CA when she got the recipe. I just made it tonight, and my wonderful husband reminded me how much he liked it, so I dedided it was worth a post.

1 bunch raw cauliflower
6-8 tbls mustard
6-8 tbls mayo
1/2 - 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Clean and trim cauliflower, but leave it in a bunch. Cook it however you prefer. I boil some water, then add the cauliflower and cook it that way. I have also put it in my steamer. Mix mayo & mustard. Spread ontop of cooked caulifower.( you should have enough to cover the entire bunch) Sprinkle cheese ontop of that. Then stick in the microwave for 3- 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. It is a yummy way to eat your veggies. I usually serve it with porkchops. :) Let me know if you try it and like it!

No comments: