Here are a few things I've learned (mostly the hard way) over the last couple of months...
1. Pushing Jaden on the swing while I wiggle Brody in the stroller requires a ridiculous amount of concentration, like rubbing your tummy and patting your head.
2. Do not change your newborns diaper while wearing a white shirt...poop can travel farther than you think.
3. It is possible to be completely exhausted after only being awake for thirty minutes.
4. Most days are wonderful, but some days you just want to call Grandma for reinforcement.
5. If it looks like poop on your knuckle, it probably is.
6. If one errand with both kiddos goes well, it is better to quit while you are ahead.
7. Your arm is longer than you think and you really can drive while holding a pacifier in the baby’s mouth, though not recommended.
8. If a day of errands begins with one baby screaming bloody murder because he is hungry, one toddler screaming because his eyelashes have folded in on his eyeball, then it is better to go ahead and call it a day.
9. As soon as you think you've got it under control then you are asking for trouble.
10. A two year old can definitely smell desperation.
11. It can take an hour or more to get everyone dressed, changed, fed, packed and out the door.
12. Sometimes it is better to not look in the mirror.
13. Even when a bubble bath abruptly ends after five minutes...you still smell good.
14. You should always wear underwear because you never know when squatting down to pick up your son's toy will cause your pre-pregnancy pants (that you've squeezed yourself into) to split wide open.
15. Josh say's I couldn't have 14 facts, so here is number 15. The bottom line is, I am totally out numbered!