Monday, April 23, 2012

Fun around the house

I saw this cool idea on pinterest.  If you are not on pinterest yet, you are missing out!  Pinterest is a fun website where  your friends share fun ideas, cool home decor, recipes etc....  So I saw one that was titled 20 things to do with little boys at home.  I think I was sold immediately.  This was one of the 20 things.  

All you need is baking soda, vinegar, food color, and syringes

Mix the food color with some vinegar and squeeze it onto the baking soda

What you get are little explosions that kept the boys entertained for a good 30 minutes, and they requested to do it again, so I call that a winner!  The pictures don't show the coolness factor the boys liked, the fizzing and such.  So the really great thing is that baking soda and vinegar clean drains, so when they were finished I dumped it down the kitchen sink and it cleaned the drain.  Now that is a winner for me!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The utility sink is often connected directly to the main plumbing line that lead to the sewer or septic system. This is what allows you to dispose of these items in this sink as using a regular home sink would find you having more problems with clogging.