Monday, May 30, 2011

School is Out for Summer!

The school year is over and to celebrate the little boys and I headed south to visit my parents. We went to the beach, the Texas State Aquarium, we rescued a puppy, and we played all day.

Brody was not sure he liked the way the sand felt on his feet
Jaden ran up and down the beach and even got a little wet


The dolphin show

Papa and Bear watching the water



Jaden was fascinated by the shark


In one section of the aquarium there is a spot that is rounded out and it makes you feel like you are in the water with the fish, that is why Brody has his hands up, like he is going to pet one. These pictures don't do the aquarium justice, it was beautiful and the kids loved it!





When Dad, the boys and I were driving to town we saw a little puppy on the side of the road. He was so little and sweet we had to stop and save him. Now, if you have known me for a very long time , you would know that almost every animal my parents have ever owned was because of my animal rescue tendencies. I have saved dogs, cats and even a few cotton tails. The burden of my rescue efforts falls on my parents though, as they are the ones who end up taking care of the animals. My mom lovingly refers to me as Ellie May Clampet, from the Hillbillies, as I guess she too was an animal rescuer.

So, welcome Max to my parents brood of fur children. My boys couldn't have loved on this little dog anymore than they did. Max got carried around or chased or hugged the entire time we were there. His little puppy personality was so sweet, he just went along with whatever they were doing.

And we also spent alot of time in "the world's biggest sand box".


Little boys and dirt go together like peas and carrots

We had such a great time! Thanks Grandma and Papa for everything, we love you! And I should probably apologize for Max, but I know you secretly love him too. :)

No comments: