Friday, August 7, 2009

Such a Great Dad!

Today Josh came home early from work so that he could spend some quality time with us. He does this from time to time and I am so grateful he does. Today, we loaded up and headed to the neighborhood pool. When we got there, Brody was almost asleep so him and I sat on the sidelines and watched Josh and Jaden play in the pool. Josh was tossing him in the air and twirling him around, and both of them were laughing and having a great time. Then, I notice a little boy about 6, swimming around by himself, so I looked for the responsible parent who should be in charge of this little boy and I see a guy sun bathing facing the opposite direction from the pool. No interest in his son. The poor kid was lonely and immediately starting trying to play with Josh and Jaden. And my wonderful husband talked to and played with him like he was one of Jaden's friends. The little boy was having so much fun, and I could tell that he enjoyed the attention. After about 15 minutes, the guy got up from his lounger and yelled at his kid to "stop harassing people" and then he went back and sat down. I sat back and watched this and thought about how lucky I am that my husband thinks it is important to be a good dad. And he is such a great dad! He plays with the kids, he reads them stories at night, he takes them to the park and the pool, he acts silly and makes them laugh, and most of all he lets them know how much he loves them. And he doesn't just tell them he loves them, he shows it. God has truly blessed our little family, and Josh being a great dad is just another one of the blessings in my life.

No comments: